ADMISSION INFORMATION FOR FOREIGN UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
1. Training programs
|Full-time||Bridge programs between college and university|
|4||Odonto - Stomatology||7720501||x||x|
|6||Medical Laboratory Technology||7720601||x|
2. Used language and granted degree
2.1. Language used in teaching and studying: Vietnamese
2.2. Granted degree: After completing the training program, foreign students are granted a full-time university degree in accordance with the training major.
Full-time program: Foreign students achieved high school diploma or equivalent.
Bridge programs between college and university: Foreign students achieved intermediate or college degrees in the health sector, issued by Vietnamese training institutions and suitable to the field of study, as follows:
- Foreign students who apply for Medicine, Dentomaxillofacial, Preventive Medicine, must have intermediate or college degrees in Medicine.
- Foreign students who apply for Pharmacy must have intermediate or college degrees in Pharmacy.
- Foreign students who apply for Nursing must have intermediate or college degrees in Nursing.
3.2. Health condition: Foreign students must be in good health to study according to current regulations.
Foreign students studying under the Learning Agreement in Vietnam: Comply with international treaties to which Vietnam is a member;
Foreign students with other scholarship or self-sufficient foreign students: No age limit.
3.4. Language: Attaining the Vietnamese language proficiency level B2 (level 4/6) or higher according to Vietnam's language proficiency framework of the Circular No. 30/2018/TT-BGDDT dated December 24, 2018 setting out Regulations on management of international students in Vietnam.
- Foreign students who have completed upper secondary, associate degree, post-secondary, undergraduate and graduate degree education programs in the Vietnamese language are exempted from Vietnamese language proficiency requirements.
- Foreign students whose Vietnamese proficiency levels do not meet prescribed requirements for eligibility to take educational programs provided in Vietnamese, must take preparatory courses in the Vietnamese language.
4. Enrollment method
Admission according to results of 02 semesters of grade 12 which are recorded in the high school transcripts, the admission score is the total average score of 02 semesters of the subjects according to the Admission Subject Complex. List of Admission Subject Complex are as follows:
|No.||Major||Admission Subject Complex||Requirement|
|1||Medicine||Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology||Each subject must be 5.0 or more according to a 10-point scale.|
|2||Pharmacy||Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology|
|3||Preventive Medicine||Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology|
|4||Odonto - Stomatology||Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology|
|5||Nursing||Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology|
|6||Medical Laboratory Technology||Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology|
5. Training time according to standard program
|Full-time||Bridge programs between college and university
(based on foreign student's previous study program to consider which subjects are exempted)
|1||Medicine||6 years||From 4 to 6 years|
|2||Pharmacy||5 years||From 3 to 5 years|
|3||Preventive Medicine||6 years||From 4 to 6 years|
|4||Odonto - Stomatology||6 years||From 4 to 6 years|
|5||Nursing||4 years||From 2 to 4 years|
|6||Medical Laboratory Technology||4 years|
6. Enrollment Application
1. Enrollment Application Form (Attached Form No. 01);
2. Copy and translation of high school diploma or equivalent (notarized copy of the original or certified by a competent agency of the sending country with Vietnamese or English translation);
3. Copy and translation of high school transcript (notarized copy of the original or certified by a competent agency of the sending country together with a Vietnamese or English translation);
4. Certificate of Vietnamese language proficiency issued by a competent training institution or proof of exemptions from Vietnamese language testing (for foreign students who already have a Vietnamese certificate as prescribed);
5. Curriculum Vitae (1-2 pages) (Attached form 02) with photo attached and four (4) 4x6 cm photos taken not more than 6 months before applying for admission;
6. A copy of the passport that is valid for at least 1 year from the expected date of arrival in Vietnam;
7. A certificate of sufficient health to study, issued by a competent medical facility;
8. Commitment paper to financial solvency to ensure learning, living (for self-sufficiency foreign students) or financial guarantee papers for foreign students with scholarships sponsored by programs, projects, sponsors support.
9. Certified copy of diploma; Intermediate or college transcripts relevant to the admission major (for foreign students applying for bridge programs between college and university);
Note: Particularly for the self-sufficiency Lao students, there should be an official letter from the Embassy of Laos in Vietnam requesting the University to facilitate admission while waiting for the Decision of the Lao Ministry of Education and Sports. Only when Lao students receive a Decision from the Lao Ministry of Education and Sports, will they receive the official enrollment Decision.