DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRICS
Department of Pediatrics was established on the University's foundation. Over the past 50 years, generations of the Department have contributed greatly to the training of health human resources serving throughout the country, especially in the northern mountainous provinces. The Department has been recognized as an excellent working team for many years and awarded different rewards from the Ministry of Education and Training and Ministry of Health. Its lecturers also get more and more mature. The Department currently has 46 official and visiting lecturers, including one Professor, three Associate Professors, nine Doctors of Philosophy, 15 Specialist Doctors level II, seven Specialist Doctors level I, nine lecturers with master degree.
2. Teaching responsibilities
Undergraduate training: The Department is responsible for managing and training pediatric modules in different programs such as Medicine, Doctor of Preventive Medicine, and Doctor of Odonto-Stomatology.
Graduate training: The Department is training various types of learners including Doctor of Philosophy in Pediatrics, Master of Pediatrics, Residency in Pediatrics, Specialist Level I Doctor in Pediatrics, Specialist Level II Doctor in Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Family Medicine, and Diagnostic Imaging.
Continuous Medical Education: Along with undergraduate and graduate training, the Department also organizes short-term training courses according to social needs, namely: Pediatric Emergency, Breastfeeding, Integrated Management of Common Diseases in Children, etc.
3. Areas of expertise
The Department always links training affairs with scientific research and child health care. A range of studies at ministry-level, national level, university level, and TUMP level have been conducted by the Department. Department lecturers are also the authors and co-authors of many national and international articles. There are three outstanding ministry-level research as following:
- A study on the results of measures to reduce the risk of neonatal infections in provincial hospitals in Thai Nguyen.
- A study on the autism rate and related factors in children in Thai Nguyen province and evaluation of the treatment results.
- A study on the current situation and proposed models of sex education for children with intellectual disabilities in the Northern mountainous region.
In the training process, the Department has received great supports from national and provincial hospitals. Pediatrics Center of Thai Nguyen National Hospital, Pediatrics Department of Hospital A in Thai Nguyen province, and the Faculty of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine Department of Bac Ninh Obstetrics and Pediatrics Hospital are the main practical sites where there are staff with a postgraduate qualification who actively participate in undergraduate and graduate education of the University.
4. High technology/special services/Lab system
- Child development assessment
- Screening for autism children
- Children's heart ultrasound
- Nasal endoscopy
- Surfactant treatment for neonatal respiratory failure.
- Blood transfusion for neonatal jaundice of Hyperbilirubinemia.
5. International cooperation
- Participating in training international students.
- Participating in the implementation of scientific research with Emory University (USA).
6. Image of the unit's activities
Department of Pediatrics
8th Floor, 11-storey Building, Thai Nguyen University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Phone: (+84) 208 3853133
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. PICTURES OF OBSTETRICS DEPARTMENT ACTIVITIES
Department Contact Info
DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRICS
8th Floor, 11-storey Building
Thai Nguyen University of Medicine and Pharmacy
284 Luong Ngoc Quyen St
Thai Nguyen City, Thai Nguyen province, Vietnam
(+84) 208 3853133